- Clever (Large)
- Paper Filter (Cone, 8-12 cup)
- Gram Scale
- 12-oz Coffee mug or Decanter
Prepare paper filter.
Place paper filter in brewer.
Rinse with hot water.
This allows for a cleaner tasting brew.
Discard the rinse water.
Weigh out 25 grams pre-ground coffee, and add the ground coffee to the filter.
Place the Clever on to gram scale, tare scale to zero grams, and then start the timer.
Add 400grams of freshly boiled water to the coffee bed, aiming to evenly wet the grounds.
When finished pouring, gently fold or stir the coffee bloom that has risen to the top.
Place the lid on the Clever.
At (3) three minutes, place the Clever onto your preheated mug or decanter and allow to fully drain.
- Wyndhams pre-ground coffee is perfect for this brew method.
- If using coffee beans grind to the consistency of coarse salt with a burr grinder.
- If you are not using a scale just fill the clever to the top of the vertical lines of the brewer which will be about 12-13 fl.oz.